Margaret River wine producers are invited to enter the 2021 Langton’s Margaret River Wine Show to be held at Margaret River HEART from Monday 25th to Thursday 28th October.
There are some some exciting new changes for this year’s Wine Show!
– Entry is via ShowRunner at wineshow.awri.com.au/2021-langtons-margaret-river-wine-show
– Judging panel comments for each wine will be made available to Exhibitors.
- Minimum Stock Requirements
The minimum quantity of stock in bottle required at time of entry has been reduced from 100 to 50 cases (9L equivalent) for all commercial classes.
- Best other White and Red Blend or Varietal Trophies
Trophies will be awarded for the Best other White Blend or Varietal and the Best other Red Blend or Varietal.
- Gala Awards Presentation Luncheon
Trophies will be presented at a Gala Awards Luncheon on Friday 29 October at Swings & Roundabouts, Yallingup.
We are looking forward to welcoming this great line-up of judges.
Anna Pooley – Winemaker, Pooley Wines *
Daniel Swincer – Chief Winemaker, Pernod Ricard *
Emma Farrelly – Director of Wine, State Buildings
Erin Larkin – Wine Writer, Halliday Wine Companion
Kate Laurie – Winemaker & Owner, Deviation Road *
Kim Horton – Senior Winemaker, Willow Bridge Estate
Nick Ryan – Writer, Presenter, Communicator *
Peter Dredge – Winemaker & Owner, Dr Edge *
Tim Lovett – Senior Winemaker, Leeuwin Estate
* Entry into Western Australia permitting.
We have a comprehensive contingency plan in place to ensure that the Wine Show will be judged to completion.
Please refer to the Exhibitor Schedule for the rules and regulations prior to entering.
Entries close 3 October
Enter here: wineshow.awri.com.au/2021-langtons-margaret-river-wine-show
2021 Show Key Dates
September – Exhibitor Schedule Released & Entries Open
3 October – Entries Close
Wednesday 20 & Thursday 21 October – Delivery of exhibits
Monday 25 – Wednesday 27 October – Wine Show Judging
Thursday 28 October – Exhibitor Tasting
Friday 29 October– Gala Awards Dinner
ABOUT THE SHOW
The inaugural Margaret River Wine Show took place in 2002 and attracted 81 exhibitors with 356 entries and saw rapid growth with the number of entries more than doubling in the first four years.
Open only to producers of Margaret River GI wine the Langton’s Margaret River Wine Show:
- To provide an opportunity for local grape growers and winemakers to receive appraisal and feedback from some of the nation’s and the world’s best judges.
- Highlights the wine styles and signature varieties distinct to the Margaret River Wine Region.
- Promotes wine styles that excel in the Margaret River Wine Region.
- Showcases some of the best examples of Margaret River Wine.
- Recognizes excellence in the winery and in the vineyard.
Bottle Medal Stickers
Exhibitors can order bottle medal stickers through our long time Wine Show Sponsor, Labelmakers Group. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the show (2020 Langton’s Margaret River Wine Show), medal type and quantity required for a quote.
Social Media Tags